VersaTruss has been supplying exhibit and display truss to the car show, marine show and sports show industry for decades. Over and above the obvious advantages which include strength, modularity and cosmetic perfection of the VersaTruss system, VersaTruss system offers custom powder coating to create a custom look to their truss system.
Powder Coating is the most favoured, durable, and cost-effective solution for display truss products. Powder coating increases protection from cold, heat, corrosion, scratching or even bleaching under the hot sun.
This technologically advanced finishing method has becoming extremely popular in North America. Whether it is used for aerospace products, exercise equipment, furniture tubes, vending machines, or trade show booths a decorative and environment-friendly finish is a valuable asset.
The Process of Powder Coating Aluminum Display Truss
Powder coating finishes on aluminum extrusion products involve a systematic process that involves three main steps.
- Pre-Treatment: The most important part of the process, this defines the durability and longevity of the end product. It involves the removal of dust, grease, or any other foreign particles using chemical and mechanical methods. This ensures that the surface is clean for enhanced adhesion and to prevent flaking.
- Powder Application: The powder used in the process is the fine mixture of colored pigment and resin, which is commonly applied with an electrostatic spray gun. The powder is given a positive charge that causes it to bond to the electrically grounded surface of the product. Other powder coating methods are fluidized bed, electrostatic magnetic brush and electrostatic discs methods.
- Curing: The object is heated in an oven for a set duration at a fixed temperature, causing the powder to melt uniformly, thus forming a hard coating when cooled.
The Advantages of Powder Coated Display and Exhibit Truss
- Powder coating finishes offer a number of benefits in addition to their cost effectiveness:
- The coating is fusion bonded and forms a thicker coating, providing better protection and longer product life.
- Since there are no solvents used, no volatile organic compounds (VOC) are released into the atmosphere, which makes the process more environmentally friendly than liquid finishing.
- Powder coating does not involve harmful carcinogens, unlike the liquid spray paint finish methodThe wastes produced during the process can be recycled or disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Powder coating processes require significantly less energy for production
When it comes to custom exhibit and display truss including custom colors, Think VersaTruss
Contact VersaTruss Today!